Ferrari Portofino Sports Car Photographer Sydney
A sports car photo shoot in Sydney for a sleek black Ferrari Portofino convertible.
This Ferrari Portofino sports car photography was taken around the Sydney Superyacht Marina area near Anzac Bridge. It was a great location for car photography with a mix of car park areas, buildings, water and the city skyline to create some great car photos.
The owner wanted professional car photography so his car could be listed on a sports car rental website, so they needed to be hi-resolution photos of his Ferrari Portofino.
The Ferrari Portofino replaced the California as the entry-level offering from the house of the Prancing Horse. The Ferrari California, launched in 2008, became the Italian carmaker’s most successful model due to its entry level price for the sports car range.
At just over $400,000 on road it isn’t a budget sports car and typically Ferrari models hold their value well. Exclusivity is paramount in the classic sports car world demonstrated by a 1963 Ferrari GTO that recently sold for US$70 million – thought to be the highest price ever paid for a car.
We used this sports car photography location to take a mix of still and moving photos. It was easy to do with lots of great afternoon light and very quite streets that let the owner drive by at 50km/h to create an illusion of speed for the moving shots.
We also created a black and white set of photos that were a little bit moody and highlighted some of the design details of the Ferrari Portofino sports car. The photo set had some light styling applied, a small amount of retouching and colour grading to all the images.
A few of our recent sports car photography reviews
“Wow. It’s tempting NOT to sell now.”
“I found Paul through a google search and I am delighted to report that he has exceeded my expectations at every step of the project. The resulting set of photographs are simply amazing and demonstrate Paul’s eye and photo finishing skills – I couldn’t recommend him more highly and hope you have the same experience”
“So I have sold and bought quite a few cars over the years through Carsales. Presentation is the key to a good advert – let the buyer see what they are getting, stand out from others etc and this is where La Lente help your car stand out. High quality photos, high resolution mean that your car will look just that little bit (in some case a lot) better than the others. I recently sold a car that I thought would take quite a while to move so that’s were the investment in some high quality photos, a cut above your shaky hand iPhone efforts came in. Sold on carsales in less than 24 hours and I’m sure the photos played a big part in that. The good thing about Paul is that he is in to cars which helps the process.”
“It was great working with Paul. I could easily tell that he is very passionate about what he does. He was more than happy to work with my ideas on some of the shots on the day. His attention to detail and skills were hard to miss. Knowing all the right angles to go with different backgrounds and lighting helped in the amazing result. I’m really happy with how the photos came out. Would definitely recommend La Lente to anyone.”
“Paul did amazing at capturing photos for my car, he was the perfect mix of being professional as well as quite funny which made for a great shoot!”
READ MORE REVIEWS
Why is Car Photography a good idea?
If you want to stand out on carsales, then getting a professional photo shoot can create amazing memories.
- You will get photos of your car that are taken with the correct lighting, contrast and depth of field to add impact for wall prints or canvas.
- Professional photos can provide better perspective and angles to show off your car better.
- The smaller lens aperture of a phone camera can give good results in reasonable lighting, but can’t compete in mixed lighting conditions, you simply can’t get enough light through the small camera hole on the phone.
- A professional photographer has experience taking photos in different conditions, locations and knows how to use different situations to create great car photos.
- A professional will know how to manage things for your car photo shoot like;
- What time of day to take the photos.
- What angles will work best for your type of car.
- Do a few test shots first to make sure everything is set correctly.
- Understand how to create the right composition.
- Keep an eye on things like shadows or backgrounds that can be distracting.
- See great design elements or key things to show off in your listing like design details.
- Making sure the photos look genuine and not from a magazine photo shoot or image from Google.
See more samples of our professional photography
PROFESSIONAL FREELANCE PHOTOGRAPHER FOR HIRE IN SYDNEY
Open 7 days a week to take professional photography of people, events, cars or products.
Learn more about La Lente on our About Us page. We are available 7 days a week to provide professional photography services for events, parties, weddings, cars or for business requirements. Paul D’Ambra from La Lente is a Sydney photographer with over 200 reviews with thousands of photo samples you can look at in our photo galleries. We have a range of photography packages to suit any budget.
Our photography is also available for commercial or small business photos to be used on websites, advertising or other promotional materials. We have 20 years marketing experience and can make sure your photography delivers business results quickly.